I don't lie one ok..That is his name
That's his place loh
Then he went to 3 different levels to get 3 things done:-
1. To get his IBM Tag
He will get one just like mine. I looked retarded here !!
2. To get the keys to his workdesk
3. To get himself a laptop for work + register himself to get a personal email address + phone
I have gone thru all these processes also on my first day of work. He is better than me lah as his immediate senior treated him way better. I was out of luck on my first day of work, my immediate manager was on emergency leave whereby another senior manager had to come pick this poor little kitten (me-lah) from the reception after waiting for 2 hours.
Back to the newbie story...
I got a BIG SHOCK after I glanced over to Nicholas's table. He was supplied with new STATIONERIES by the senior.It seems she has requested the dept secretary to give him the necessary supplies.
Y am I SHOCKED ? Cuz I did not get them when I first came. Like I said, my immediate manager was on leave for 2-3days.The senior manager was too busy to pamper me also.
These are what he got :
1. New stapler ( Me : I borrowed from my colleague)
2. New stapler bullets ( Me : depends if my colleague has the supply or not)
3. Highlighters ( Me : used to borrow from my colleague. Now, I brought one from
4. Pen ( Me: also brought from home )
5. Notebook ( Me: I got that at the beginning of the year. Everyone in this dept got
6. The orange string thingy ( Me: Everyone in my dept also got that last quarter.)
7. Pendrive (Me: Did not get it o my first day. Got that last quarter together with
Nobody even told me that I can request for stationeries until my beloved colleague/fren told me that. It seems that she also faced the same fate as mine.
That's all I wanna tok about for now...
*Nicholas, if u ever read this, I am neither mad nor jealous. I just wanted to express how silly I was not knowing that the company actually supplied the newbies with stationeries lah. & also hoh, Y my seniors @ manager did not ask for me la...